Tuesday, March 14

changes and challenges

there are so many things that happen in a day it seems, that there's no way to even keep up. life is moving all around me, and yet i seem to have the same routine; with a few bumps.

the college students are on break for week. i realize whenever they leave for break how much we'll miss them when they're done with school and move back home or to a new job. i pray that some will find jobs around here- what a blessing it's been to have such great men and women of God in the church and on the campuses. i truly believe that there's a great campus move happening, and the people that are leading the way are the dedicated leaders that we have. this really is the best group of spirit-filled students that we've ever had. we'll miss them when they leave.

every year when my birthday arrives i have a heart searching that takes place. i don't want to stay stagnant; i want to be effective for the kingdom. i want to be a leader- an example- a disciple. i've noticed how the Lord has shaped me in this past year- what new things He's done in my life, and the kind of changes that have taken place. i'm excited to see some things; and challenged by others.

but it's only by this challenge that i will succeed.

and so i press on.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you're so hard to get a hold of ... I called and left like 10 messages on your birthday. I texted, I emailed, I ..... oh, wait .... that wasn't me. Yeah. Sorry. Does the thought still count if it's late?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Darlene Sinclair said...

And keep pressin' on. Glad to know you're doing well - and happy belated birthday to a young man who was one of the first new babies I greeted in the church!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home